Sunday, July 13, 2014

Motivation, where art thou, motivation?

It seems I have no will power. I start a program, do great for 3 days, and then get busy for the rest of the week. So the next week, I try again, do great for 3 days, and then have an off day, so I say I'll start again the next week. But I never do. I give up. I'm a quitter. I wish I could find the inner drive that so many people seem to have when it comes to exercise and losing weight. I'm still way up over my pre-pregnancy weight. I've lost about 8 pounds since my daughter was born last year, and she weighed 7 lbs 6 oz.

I like to think I eat generally healthy, but let's be honest. I eat out. A ton. And my portions are way too big. Now, I have starting eating more vegetables since my daughter eats solid foods now. I incorporate them into our meals so that all of us are getting more veggies. It's still not enough.

I don't want a miracle pill. I don't want a MLM scheme where I have to purchase a $100 DVD set (that I'll end up not using in 3 weeks.) I don't believe that wraps work, or in the drinks that promise to help you lose weight fast. You know why they work? Because you replace a whole meal (or meals!) with a drink. I like food too much for that to work for me. And I don't think it's a good idea for my girl to grow up thinking that just a drink is ok instead of having a proper meal.

I need recipes. I need ideas. I need motivation to get up off my butt and work out. I'm thinking about C25K. I'll be doing some research on it.

Are there any tasty recipes out there that have a lot of flavor, but not a lot of work or fat?

No comments:

Post a Comment